AX 3200-11 Application Delivery Controller
New Generation 32-bit Server Load Balancer
Get a Quote!
- Twice the Performance at Half the Price
- Revolutionary New Architecture
- Innovative, Advanced Features
- All Features Included
The AX Series Advanced Traffic Manager family from A10 Networks is designed to meet the growing demands of Web sites, carriers and enterprises. The AX offers intelligent Layer 4-7 application processing capabilities with industry-leading performance and scalability to meet critical business requirements at competitive prices.
The AX Series' unique Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) offers true scalable performance. With rich Layer 7 features and its aFleX scripting language, the AX Series integrates into any data center to enable advanced Web application delivery solutions. The AX also includes the most comprehensive set of IPv6 and Network Address Translation (NAT) features of any server load balancer on the market today.
AX's advanced server load balancing and flexible health monitoring capabilities ensure application availability and reliability. With the AX Series' standard redundant components and high availability design, organizations ensure non-stop service availability for all types of applications. With the AX Series' line rate security defenses and secure email features, organizations can now deploy data center wide protection against network-level attacks to ensure business continuity for critical services.
AX Series Solutions
The AX Series is a high-performance, scalable platform and the technology leader in three key addressable markets. The first is our core market for Advanced Application Delivery Controllers and new generation server load balancer functionality. The second is IPv6 migration, which is an early stage market with signifi cant growth potential. The third is Cloud Computing and Virtualization whereby Virtualization is at the Center of Cloud Computing and the AX Series delivers the widest range of options.
Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS)
The AX Series integrates modern multi-core, multi-threaded OS technologies (ACOS) with A10's Flexible Traffic ASIC, switching/routing ASIC and SSL Acceleration ASIC to provide performance advantages. Leveraging Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) technologies used in super-computing, the AX uses a decoupled multi-CPU architecture with simultaneous high-speed memory access to process application traffic in true parallel fashion, without the need to copy data or replicate computing instructions.
ACOS, standard in all AX models, provides true linear scalability of Layer 4-7 application features – for acceleration, availability, and security. The AX Series includes secure email services, Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB), comprehensive firewall load balancing, video/voice acceleration, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic management, and SSL and non-SSL server load balancing.
Application Delivery Features
- Comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Support
- Advanced Layer 4/Layer 7 Server Load Balancing
- Fast HTTP, Full HTTP Proxy
- High-performance, template-based Layer 7 switching with header/URL/ domain manipulation
- Comprehensive Layer 7 application persistence support
- Comprehensive load balancing methods
- Round Robin, Least Connections, Weighted RR, Weighted LC, Fastest Response, & more
- aFleX – deep packet inspection and transformation for customizable, application-aware switching
- Advanced Health Monitoring
- Comprehensive Protocol Support - ICMP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, RTSP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, & more
- TCL Scriptable Health Check Support
- High Availability – Active-Active, Active-Standby configurations with sub-second failover
- SIP Load Balancing for VoIP and other rich-media applications
- Secure Email Support – STARTTLS, POPS, LDAPS, SMTPS, IMAPS
- Spam Filter Support – allows highspeed application of very large black/white lists
- Firewall Load Balancing (FWLB)
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB)
- Transparent Cache Switching (TCS)
- Link Load Balancing
Acceleration & Security Features
- HTTP Acceleration & Optimization
- HTTP Connection Multiplexing
- HTTP Caching
- HTTP Compression (hardware based)
- SSL Acceleration
- Hardware-based SSL Offload
- Support for all TCP Protocols – SSL Termination, SSL Bridging (SSL Initiation)
- SSL Session ID Reuse
- Hardware-based SYN Cookies, IP Anomaly Detection
- Connection Rate Limiting/Connection Limiting
- DNS Application Firewall
High Performance, Scalable Platform
- ACOS Operating System
- Multi-core, Multi-CPU Support
- Linear Application Scaling
- Linux on Control Plane
- ACOS on Data Plane
- Integrated Layer 2/Layer 3
- Transparent Mode/Gateway Mode
- Routing – Static Routes, IS-IS (v4/v6), RIPv2/ng, OSPF v2/v3, BGP4+
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Traditional IPv4-->IPv4 NAT/NAPT
- IPv6-->IPv6 NAPT
- Full native IPv6 management and feature support
- SLB-PT (Protocol Translation), SLB-64 (IPv4<->IPv6, IPv6<->IPv4)
- Dedicated Management Interface (Console, SSH, Telnet, HTTPS)
- Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) with Language Localization
- Industry-standard Command Line Interface Support
- SNMP, Syslog, Alerting
- Port Mirroring
- Role Based Administration (RBA)
- Partition Based Management
- REST-style XML API (aXAPI)
- Hot Swappable Redundant Power Supplies
- Removable Fan Tray
- Solid-state drive (SSD), Compact Flash
- Advanced Hardware Architecture
- High Port Density
- 10 Gb Ports
Industry-leading Application Price/Performance
- Superior performance – Layer 4 connections per second (CPS), Layer 7 transactions per second (TPS), SSL CPS, SSL TPS and Layer 4-7 throughput.
- Industry's best performance per watt, per dollar, and per rack unit.
- Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) delivers multi-threaded performance and is tuned for multiple CPUs with multiple cores for futureproof scalability.
- Purpose-built hardware provides efficient packet buffer management, TCP connection multiplexing, SSL acceleration, support for IPv4 and IPv6 and much more.
- 10/100/1000-Mb and 10-Gb interfaces.
Application Availability, Scalability and Flexibility
- ACOS is designed to provide a scalable, flexible platform.
- Provides 99.999% reliability for applications.
- Scales server farm capacity with newgeneration server load balancing.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements with aFleX scripting language.
- Supports both Transparent Mode and Gateway Mode for flexibility in deployment.
- Supports Layer 2 Hot-Standby, Active-Active and Active-Standby.
- Delivers carrier-grade high availability (HA) for 100% uninterruptible service.
Integrated Application Security
- Protects application servers from Denial of Service (DoS) and protocol anomaly attacks.
- Ensures application availability for legitimate traffic during malicious attacks.
|AX 1000-11||AX 2200-11||AX 3200-11|
Gigabit Fiber – SFP
|Solid-state Drive (SSD)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cooling Fan||Fixed||Hot Swap Smart Fan||Hot Swap Smart Fan|
|Maximum Power Consumption||155 W||325 W||380 W|
|Power Supply||250 W||Dual 600 W RPS||Dual 600 W RPS|
|100 to 240 VAC, Frequency 50 – 60 Hz|
Linear Decoupled Architecture
Flexible Traffic ASIC
Hardware Compression ASIC
|Dimensions||1.75 in (H), 17.3 in (W), 16.7 in (D)||3.5 in (H), 17 in (W), 24 in (D)||3.5 in (H), 17 in (W), 24 in (D)|
|Rack Units (Mountable)||1 U||2 U||2 U|
|Unit Weight||15 lb||38 lb||38.5 lb|
|Operating Ranges||Temperature and Humidity 0° - 40° C 5% - 95%|
|Regulatory Certification||FCC Class A, UL, CE, TUV, CB, VCCI|
|Standard Warranty||90-day Hardware & Software|
Download the AX Series 32-bit Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!