AX Series 32-bit
New Generation Server with the Industry's Best Price and Performance
Twice the Performance, Half the Price
A10 Networks' AX Series is the industry's best price/performance advanced traffic manager - helping enterprises and ISPs maximize application availability through a high-performance and scalable Web Application Delivery Platform. The AX's Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) architecture has garnered the company numerous awards and is revolutionary by market standards due to Scalable Symmetrical Multi-Processing (SSMP). ACOS includes an optimized multi-CPU architecture built from the ground up that leaps the competition in terms of load balancing performance, scalability and reliability. The AX family of server load balancers include a range of platforms that vary according to performance, price and hardware. AX Series new generation load balancing appliances are available as integrated 64-bit offerings (with both 64-bit ACOS and 64-bit hardware) as well as 32-bit models.
AX Series Solutions
The AX Series is a high-performance, scalable platform and the technology leader in three key addressable markets. The first is our core market for Advanced Application Delivery Controllers and new generation server load balancer functionality. The second is IPv6 migration, which is an early stage market with signifi cant growth potential. The third is Cloud Computing and Virtualization whereby Virtualization is at the Center of Cloud Computing and the AX Series delivers the widest range of options.
AX Series is a Safe Choice
With over 500 AX Series customers worldwide, A10 is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Silicon Valley. 80 percent of our revenue comes from large enterprises and service providers, and examples include the largest Internet and online retail sites and automobile vendors in the world, the largest cable providers in the US and the largest carriers in Japan. A10 has solid fi nancials with over 150% year-to-year growth for over three consecutive years.
Application Delivery Features
- Comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Support
- Advanced Layer 4/Layer 7 Server Load Balancing
- Fast HTTP, Full HTTP Proxy
- High-performance, template-based Layer 7 switching with header/URL/ domain manipulation
- Comprehensive Layer 7 application persistence support
- Comprehensive load balancing methods
- Round Robin, Least Connections, Weighted RR, Weighted LC, Fastest Response, & more
- aFleX – deep packet inspection and transformation for customizable, application-aware switching
- Advanced Health Monitoring
- Comprehensive Protocol Support - ICMP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, RTSP, SMTP, POP3, SNMP, DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, & more
- TCL Scriptable Health Check Support
- High Availability – Active-Active, Active-Standby configurations with sub-second failover
- SIP Load Balancing for VoIP and other rich-media applications
- STARTTLS support for Secure Email (POPS, SMTPS, IMAPS) & LDAPS
- Spam Filter Support – high-speed application of very large black/white lists
- Firewall Load Balancing (FWLB)
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB)
- Transparent Cache Switching (TCS)
- Link Load Balancing (LLB)
- Diameter AAA Load Balancing
Acceleration & Security Features
- HTTP Acceleration & Optimization
- HTTP Connection Multiplexing
- HTTP Caching
- HTTP Compression (hardware based)
- SSL Acceleration
- Hardware-based SSL Offload
- Support for all TCP Protocols – SSL Termination, SSL Bridging (SSL Initiation)
- SSL Session ID Reuse
- Hardware-based SYN Cookies, IP Anomaly Detection
- Connection Rate Limiting/Connection Limiting
- DNS Application Firewall
High Performance, Scalable Platform
- ACOS Operating System
- Multi-core, Multi-CPU Support
- Linear Application Scaling
- Linux on Control Plane
- ACOS on Data Plane
- Integrated Layer 2/Layer 3
- Transparent Mode/Gateway Mode
- Routing – Static Routes, IS-IS (v4/v6), RIPv2/ng, OSPF v2/v3, BGP4+
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Traditional IPv4-->IPv4 NAT/NAPT
- IPv6-->IPv6 NAPT
IPv6 Migration/IPv4 Preservation
- Full native IPv6 management and feature support
- SLB-PT (Protocol Translation), SLB-64 (IPv4<->IPv6, IPv6<->IPv4)
- Application Level Gateways (ALGs) for FTP, TFTP, RTSP, PPTP, SIP, ICMP, DNS
- Carrier Grade NAT (CGN), Large Scale NAT (LSN), NAT444, NAT44
- NAT64/DNS64, DS-Lite, 6rd
- Dedicated Management Interface (Console, SSH, Telnet, HTTPS)
- Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) with Language Localization
- Industry-standard Command Line Interface Support
- SNMP, Syslog, Alerting
- Port Mirroring
- REST-style XML API (aXAPI)
- aVCS (AX Virtual Chassis System)
- SoftAX Virtual Appliance (Optional)
- Multi-tenancy with Application Delivery- Partitions (ADPs)
- Role-based Administration (RBA)
- Partition-based Management
- L2/L3 Virtualization
- Hypervisor Acceleration and Management Integration
- Advanced Hardware Architecture
- Redundant Power Supplies
- AC or DC Power Supplies
- Removable Fan Tray
- Solid-state drive (SSD) and Compact Flash
- High Port Density
- 10-Gb Ports
Industry-leading Application Price/Performance
- Superior performance – Layer 4 connections per second (CPS), Layer 7 transactions per second (TPS), SSL CPS, SSL TPS and Layer 4-7 throughput.
- The high-end AX 5200-11 offers 4.5 million L4 CPS in a single 2U compact platform.
- Industry's best performance per watt, per dollar, and per rack unit.
- Advanced Core Operating System (ACOS) delivers multi-threaded performance and is tuned for multiple CPUs with multiple cores for futureproof scalability.
- Purpose-built hardware provides efficient packet buffer management, TCP connection multiplexing, SSL acceleration, support for IPv4 and IPv6 and much more.
- 10/100/1000-Mb and 10-Gb interfaces.
Application Availability, Scalability and Flexibility
- ACOS is designed to provide a scalable, flexible platform.
- Provides 99.999% reliability for applications.
- Scales server farm capacity with newgeneration server load balancing.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business requirements with aFleX scripting language.
- Supports both Transparent Mode and Gateway Mode for flexibility in deployment.
- Supports Layer 2 Hot-Standby, Active-Active and Active-Standby.
Delivers carrier-grade high availability (HA) for 100% uninterruptible service.
Integrated Application Security
- Protects application servers from Denial of Service (DoS) and protocol anomaly attacks.
- Ensures application availability for legitimate traffic during malicious attacks.
- Line-rate performance – AX 5200-11 supports over 50 million SYN cookies per second with zero additional CPU utilization.
|AX 1000-11||AX 2200-11||AX 3200-11|
|Model Option Code|
Gigabit Fiber – SFP
|Solid-state Drive (SSD)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Cooling Fan||Fixed||Hot Swap Smart Fan||Hot Swap Smart Fan|
|Maximum Power Consumption||155 W||325 W||380 W|
|Power Supply||250 W||Dual 600 W RPS||Dual 600 W RPS|
|100 to 240 VAC, Frequency 50 – 60 Hz|
Linear Decoupled Architecture
Flexible Traffic ASIC
Hardware Compression ASIC
|Dimensions||1.75 in (H), 17.3 in (W), 16.7 in (D)||3.5 in (H), 17 in (W), 24 in (D)||3.5 in (H), 17 in (W), 24 in (D)|
|Rack Units (Mountable)||1 U||2 U||2 U|
|Unit Weight||15 lb||38 lb||38.5 lb|
|Operating Ranges||Temperature and Humidity 0° - 40° C 5% - 95%|
|Regulatory Certification||FCC Class A, UL, CE, TUV, CB, VCCI|
|Standard Warranty||90-day Hardware & Software|
Download the AX Series 32-bit Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.